The article that we are covering today contains essential information on how one can configure SMTP and IMAP Email settings on their Xfinity email accounts. For that, the user must have an Xfinity Comcast email account via POP. Those of you who aren’t aware of POP, the POP3 is one of the oldest Internet message access protocol. As per why people normally prefer POP to be a reliable email client,
- With POP, all your emails are downloadable on your computer. You can read your emails without logging into the Internet.
- You can easily open any attachment of your choice, and once you have opened it, the file easily gets downloaded to your computer.
- POP clears up storage space on your mail server; plus, there is no limit to maximum size when it comes to emails. But, it does depend on your hard drive.
Speaking of Comcast,
It is one of the most popular Internet service providers (ISP) in the United States of America. It provides free email accounts for all those who subscribe through the Internet service provider (ISP).
Comcast email supports all major email programs available across the Internet.
It is widely used for all sorts of secure/non-secure POP3 emails.
How to Optimize Comcast Email Settings for Best Use
To set up your Comcast SMTP, you must first have the correct configuration for your Comcast email.
These settings are usually associated with sending and receiving emails using the Comcast client.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number:
- Recommended: 993 with SSL ON
- Only if Needed: 143 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
- Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
- Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: Xfinity username and password required
If you want to retrieve email using POP, you won’t be able to organize your emails across multiple devices. Therefore, if you want to check your emails across multiple devices, we strongly recommend IMAP over POP so it will keep all your emails in sync across a variety of email clients which you use.
However, if you still need to use POP, then you can follow these instructions.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: mail.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 995 (POP3 With SSL)
How to Set Up Comcast Email Settings in Outlook
If you want to configure your Comcast Email Settings to Outlook, you will have to follow these steps.
- Step 1 – You can start by double clicking the program icon on the desktop. From there, select “Program Files.” You can easily find this option in the “Start” option located on the sub-menu.
- Step 2 – Now choose the option, “Tools,” “Accounts,” “Add,” and “Mail” and it will automatically take you to the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Step 3 – Now choose “Create a new Internet Mail Account” and then click on “Next.”
- Step 4 – Select and add an email account. It will be displayed in the menu-box. Now, click on “Next.”
- Step 5 – Enter your Comcast email address on the next appearing screen and click “Next.”
- Step 6 – On the next screen, a drop-down menu will appear which will display plentiful options. Now, enter “mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server” field. Enter “smtp.comcast.net” in the “Outgoing mail (SMTP) server,” then click “Next.”
- Step 7 – Enter your email account in the present “Account name” field. Also, choose a passcode and add it in the “Password” field. Before you go to the next step, make sure to apply the check on “Remember Password” so your account automatically logs in.
- Step 8 – Now, select the “Next” option and then the “Finish” option to complete the setting up phase. Your Comcast Email configuration is now up to date and working in the best way.
- Step 9 – Click on the “Properties” option and highlight the account you just created in the “Internet Account”
- Step 10 – Here you will find other options, choose “My server requires authentication” and then choose “Settings.”
- Step 11 – Now select, the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” option from the “Outgoing mail server”-box, then click “OK.”
- Step 12 – Now select “Advanced” option and change the ““Outgoing Mail SMTP” port number to 587. Now click on the “OK” to complete your email configuration.
There you go, you have now successfully set up Comcast Email settings for your Outlook.
How to Configure Outlook for Comcast.net
If you want to configure your Outlook for Comcast.net, you will have to follow these steps.
- Step 1 – Select Outlook and then select the “Tools” option.
- Step 2 – Select “Email Accounts” and “Add a new email account” then click “Next.”
- Step 3 – Select “POP3” and click “Next.” Enter the information in the next appearing screen for menu. It will indicate what name you will choose to display when someone receives email.
- Step 4– Enter your Comcast email in the “Email Address”-box. Make sure that you include your complete email address and not miss out on anything.
- Step 5 – Enter “mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming mail server” text field after choosing “POP3” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6 – Select “SMTP” for the “Outgoing mail server” type “smtp.comcast.net” in the provided text field and press enter.
- Step 7 – Enter your account user name in the “User Name” field and password in the “Password” text field. In order for Outlook to remember the password, check “Remember Password.”
- Step 8 – Now, click on the “Test Account Settings” to ensure that the configuration you have added has successfully been added.
- Step 9 – Choose “More Settings” then click “General.” Choose a nice name for your Comcast email account and then click “OK,” “Next,” and “Finish” to complete account configuration.
And there you have it, you now know how to configure your Outlook for Comcast.net.
How to Configure Comcast for Gmail
If you want to configure your Comcast for Gmail, you will have to follow these steps.
- Step 1 – Login to your Gmail Account
- Step 2 – Click on the Gear Icon. It will take you to the Settings.
- Step 3 – Choose the “Account & Import” tab.
- Step 4 – Add “POP3 Email Account which you own”
- Step 5 – Add Your Comcast Email Address and Click “Next.
- Step 6 – Setup your account password. Other settings such as mail server and port will already be present.
- Step 7 – Now Click on “Add Account”
- Step 8 – Choose if you want to send email from your Comcast account to Gmail. Click on “Next.”
- Step 9 – Choose a display name which will be shown to your recipients.
- Step 10 – Check the “Treat as an Alias” box. In case, if you don’t check it, the mail you send will appear in your own inbox as well as your sent folder. Once, you are done, click on “Next.”
- Step 11 – Choose whether you wish to send your emails from Gmail or Comcast server.
- Step 12 — Enter your Comcast password again in the field provided and click on Add Account.
- Step 13 – A verification code is sent to your Comcast email account. Log into your Comcast Email Account and verify on your Gmail account with the newly received verification code.
How to Configure Comcast for Windows Live Email
If you want to configure your Comcast for Window Live Email, then you can follow these steps.
- Step 1 – Open Windows Live Mail.
- Step 2 – Choose “Tools” and “Accounts” then click “Add.”
- Step 3 – Now Enter your Comcast email address and password. Choose a user name to be added with the email that will be used with the following address.
- Step 4 – Choose “POP3” on the drop-down menu list and enter “mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming Mail.”
- Step 5 – Now add the following number “995” in the port-box and choose “SSL” check-box.
- Step 6 – You will also find a new field, the “Outgoing webmail” option. Here you should add the “smtp.comcast.net.” Enter “465” in the provided port and then click on the “Next” to complete Comcast email configuration. It will be then updated in the Windows Live Mail.
This tutorial was originally created by Mr. Donald Jones at the Comcast Knowledge Base.